The UCSD NAK Alumni Association was created in July, 1999. We are a non-profit (501c3) grass roots organization dedicated to encouraging UCSD NAK alumni brotherhood and leveraging the resources we can provide, to improve our community.
The primary purpose for which the organization was formed are to advance the cause of education and to establish a mutually beneficial relationship between Nu Alpha Kappa alumni and the community.
Over the years, we have expanded our programs to benefit not only undergraduate students at UCSD, through our popular annual Scholarship program, but also underrepresented students from throughout southern California. Starting in 2009 the annual UCSD NAK Alumni workshops pulled together working professionals to coach undergraduate students on financial and professional topics - topics not taught at the University and in which minority students historically are at a disadvantage.
By 2015 the workshops grew to over 70 participants, from 8 different univerisity (UC and CSU) campuses fromt throughout California.
The Alumni Association continues to generate support for these community-focused programs by continuing to foster the brotherhood and camaraderie that UCSD NAKs encountered during their undergaduate years as NAKos.
- Academic support to UCSD undergraduates
- Financial support to UCSD undergraduate students via scholarships
- Professional training to Southern California university students, to support their transition from undergraduates to working professionals and/or entrepeneur
- Mentor options for UCSD undergraduate students and industry-specific guidance
- Résumé support, interview guidance, and networking opportunities
The specific and primary purpose for which the corporation is formed are to advance the cause of education and to establish a mutually beneficial relationship between Nu Alpha Kappa Fraternity, Inc., Lambda Chapter at the UC San Diego, and its alumni.